Recently Odisha Police released a notification regarding the recruitment of Constable (Civil) posts. Eligible and interested candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of the Odisha Police- www.odishapolice.gov.in and www.opssb.nic.in. The commencement of an online application submission started on 30 December 2022. Previously the last date for online application was set on 21 January 2022. Still, after the pursuant judgment of the Hon’ble High Court of Odisha, the online application window was again activated on 30 January 2023 and will continue to open up to 10 February 2023. Along with this, the upper age limit is also enhanced to 4 years. In this article complete details regarding Odisha Police Constable Qualification, Selection Procedure, age requirement, Syllabus, and other facts are given.
Odisha Police Constable (Civil) Recruitment 2023 Important Dates (Updated):
Recently Odisha Police has updated the constable online application link dates. Check the below table to know the newly updated dates for constable vacancies in Odisha 2023.
|Online Application Starts on:||30 December 2022 and again started on 30 January 2023|
|Last Date of Online Form Submission:||10 February 2023(Modified Date)|
Odisha Police Constable (Civil) Recruitment 2023 Highlights:
|Odisha Police Constable (Civil) Recruitment Details:|
|Name of the Post:||Constable|
|Exam Conducting Organization:||OPSSB|
|No. of Vacancies:||4790|
|Online Application Starts:||30 January 2023|
|Last Date of Online Application:||20th February 2023 (up to 3 pm)|
|Official Website:||www.odishapolice.gov.in and www.opssb.nic.in|
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2023 Vacancy Details:
OPSSB has announced a total of 4790 vacancies for Odisha Police Constable (Civil) recruitment in 2023. All the category-wise vacancy details are given below. If you want to know about Odisha Police Constable District Wise Vacancies then please refer to the notification PDF given below.
Odisha Police Constable 2023 Notification PDF Download:
Odisha Police has released a notification regarding the recruitment of Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2023. In the Odisha Police Constable Notification PDF candidates can find all the important details regarding the recruitment process. We have given the direct link to download the Odisha Police Constable Recrtuiemtn Notification PDF below:
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria set by Odisha Police for Constable Recruitment 2023. We have mentioned the educational qualification along with the age requirement for OP Constable 2023.
Odisha Police Constable (Civil) Educational Qualification:
- The candidates must have passed the +2 Examination or equivalent examination conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha, or by any other recognized Board/Council
Odisha Police Constable (Civil) Age Requirement:
The candidates must satisfy the below-age requirement as on 01 January 2022
- Minimum age: 18
- Maximum Age: 23
- Upper-age relaxation is available for up to 5 years for SC/ST/SEBC/Women candidates
Other Eligibility Criteria:
- Aspirant Must have registered in the Employment Exchanges
- Must be able to speak, read and write Odia.
- Must have passed Odia as one of the subjects in the High School Certificate Examination or an examination in Odia language equivalent to M.E. standard
Odisha Police Constable (Civil) Physical Requirements:
The applicants must meet the following minimum physical requirements for height, weight, and chest:
|Category||Height||Weight||Chest Un-expanded||Chest Expanded|
|UR & SEBC (Men)||168 cm||55 kg||79 cm||84 cm|
|UR & SEBC (Women)||158 cm||47.5 kg||–||–|
|SC / ST (Men)||163 cm||50 kg||76 cm||81 cm|
|SC / ST (Women)||153 cm||45 kg||–||–|
Odisha Police Constable Salary:
- After selection in Odisha Police Constable posts 2023 candidates will get Rs. 69,100 as their monthly salary.
- No Examination Fee
Odisha Police Constable Selection Procedure:
The following steps will be included in the selection procedure for Odisha Police Constable recruitment 2023:
- OMR-Based Written Examination
- Measurement of Physical Standards, and Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Examination
- Document Verification.
1). Written Examination
- The candidates have to answer 100 questions (MCQ based ) in 120 minutes
- The questions will be asked from Odia language, English Language, Arithmetic, General Knowledge, Situational Awareness, Logical Reasoning, and Basic Computer Knowledge
- For each incorrect response in the written examination, 0.25 points will be deducted.
2). Physical Standards & Physical Efficiency Test for Odisha Police Constable Recruiemtn 2023:
- Candidates who have passed in written exam will be allowed to appear in the Odisha Police constable Physical test.
- Physical Test includes Running and Broad jump. Candidates have to complete the task in a certain period of time.
|Category||Events||Time/Number of Attempts|
|Men (all categories)||Running 1.6 km||6 minutes 30 seconds|
|Women (all categories)||Running 1.6 km||8 minutes 30 seconds|
|Men (all categories)||Broad jump 3.66 Meters||03 attempts|
|Women (all categories)||Broad jump 2.75 Meters||03 attempts|
3). Medical Examination for Odisha Police Constable Recruitment:
- Candidates who have cleared above the tasks will be called for Odisha Police Medical Examination Test.
- The Candidates must not have knock knee, bow legs, flat foot, varicose veins, a squint in eyes, poor vision, color blindness, inability to flex the fingers properly and any other obvious deformities
Odisha Police Constable Important Documents Required:
Here are the important documents required while the Odisha Police Constable Online form fillup:
- 10th or equivalent pass certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size recent photograph
- Pass certificate of 12th standard (+2 Examination)
- A certificate, either of passing the HSC examination with Odia as one of the subjects
- NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate. (Optional)
- Employment Exchange Registration Certificate
How to Apply for Odisha Police Constable Recruitment Vacancies 2023:
Canddaiteda must apply to Odisha police constable post online mode. No other mode of application will be accepted. We want to tell you that the last date for online application has been extended to 10 February 2023. So candidates are advised to apply online for Odisha Poice Constable(Civil) vacancies in online by visiting the State Selection Board (SSB), Odisha Police official website. We have given step by step process to apply online for the constable vacancy.
- To apply online visit the official website of the State Selection Board (SSB), Odisha Police www.odishapolice.gov.in and www.opssb.nic.in
- Click for the Registration to begin
- Register using your mobile number and other details
- Upload the document and click the submit button
- Not down the application number it prints the Odosha Police Constable Application form for future reference.
What is the Salary of an Odisha Police Constable?
Selected candidates will receive up to Rs. 69,100 as a monthly salary.